- This event has passed.
3-Day Extended MTB Core Fundamentals (with deep progressions)-La Ventana, Baja
February 18 @ 9:00 am - February 20 @ 4:00 pm$695.00
JOIN US IN BAJA in February! Escape the winter weather and ride some amazing trails in La Ventana Baja!
MTB Core Fundamentals and the Advanced Progressions/Technical Terrain-
Advancing your riding and building confidence on the unique Baja trails!
In this 3-day comprehensive Baja mtb skills clinic you will gain the skills and confidence to ride trails that may have troubled you in the past. This extended progressions and techniques clinic will reliably improve your riding and step up your game on the bike.
The terrain here is unlike anything else and will challenge you with the loose dirt and technical terrain! Ocean views a constant!
Ride during the day and relax by the beach and check out the world class surfing in the afternoon!
Appropriate breaks provided. Meeting the needs of each rider.
* **If you are interested but can not do all 3 days reach out to us. You can do a 1 or 2-day!
***Be sure to reach out if you are a return rider or if you are a LaVamba member to save$!
What To Expect: 9-4PM Saturday-Monday
Understanding the core fundamentals first: cornering (high and slow speed), braking, gearing selection, vision, bike set up, slow speed, high speed, wheel lifts, variance of the skills, switch backs, basic drops, vision, and more.
Skill Drills off trail, Demonstration, Application and demo of skills on trail, Progressions evolving over the long weekend, ongoing opportunity for Q&A
As the weekend rolls you will begin to progress within these skills and understand their application, be able to ride through the technical terrain that may have hindered you in the past. Emphasis on the progression in technique from the foundation and evolving into mastering the skills within your ability. We will also spend time discussing scouting the line, vision and ways to stay committed to the bike and trail in challenging terrain.
- Day-1: Mastering and Progressing the essential MTB Core Fundamentals with more advanced maneuvers. Rider assessment, bike set up, body position, bike body separation, balance, slow speed and balance, braking, slow speed corners, vision, high speed corners, wheel lifts front and rear, level lifts. Introduction to drops, simple weighting and un-weighting, other skills may be covered depending on ability. *•Skills •Drills •Trail Application •Coach Demonstration.
- Day -2: We cover the advanced progressions of skills learned in day 1 and focus on riding through more technical features. Working on wheel lifts (ront and rear, level lifts), high speed cornering and inconsistent terrain. Introduction to drops, simple weighting and un-weighting, other skills may be covered depending on ability. *Skills, Drills and trail time
- Day 3– Putting it all together on the trail with an extended ride. Application of the skills and the advanced progressions in varied terrain. Trail session!
Each rider will receive:
- KatesRealFoodBars given out every day to fuel your ride!
- Custom designed ASM neck/face gaiters for your comfort and sun protection
- After clinic tips and techniques will be emailed out after your session to have as a resource! Be sure to check your SPAM folder
If you can’t make this Baja mtb skills clinic be sure to check out our list of upcoming events.