A Singletrack Mind offers Mountain Bike Skills Clinics & Coaching throughout the the West Coast and occasionally beyond with a home base in California. A Singletrack Mind offers a range of Mountain Bike Skills Coaching Services.
Mountain Bike Skills Clinics
Weekend MTB Clinics – Core Fundamentals
Saturday Clinic, Sunday Clinic and Ride-9am-4pm plus
- Core MTB Fundamentals –2 day weekend-14 hrs, set curriculum to master and improve your bike skills. Learn solid foundation skills. ex: cornering, braking, slow speed, balance, body position, wheel lifts, variance of the skills, switch backs, basic drops, vision, and more. Our Core fundamental clinics are for all abilities. Suited for those that are eager to refine the skill set they presently have- to the competitive, even professional athlete eager to get to the top of their game. We help you build, refine and expand your present riding skill set.The clinic is progression based skill building. Meaning, that there are progressions for each skill. So that each level of rider can progress and challenge within their own ability.
Advanced MTB Core Fundamentals* 1-2 day weekend-The Advanced Core Fundamentals is a more extended, advanced approach to the skills we went over in the Core Fundamentals. Emphasis on the progression in technique with more advanced maneuvers of the skills learned from Core Fundamentals ex: cornering, braking, slow speed, balance, body position, wheel lifts, variance of the skills, switch backs, basic drops, vision, and more. A great opportunity to expand the solid techniques you may already be using.
* Requirement would be that you have either taken Core Fundamentals or a similar clinic. You can also send A Singletrack Mind a video that we can review your skill set before signing you up for the advanced clinic. If you have any question at all about the advanced clinic reach out to us. We are happy to talk to you about your riding and goals as well. *Even if you are an advanced rider, often we are riding with a limited skill set without even knowing. A great opportunity to expand the solid techniques you may already be using. If interested and you have any questions shoot us an email. We are always happy to work with you.
1 Day Long MTB Core Fundamentals
- 7 hours long one-day mountain bike clinic.
- Clinic appropriate for all levels of riders, newbies to elite athletes eager to step up their performance and skill set.
- A 1-day clinic is a consolidated version of the 2-day without the deeper application and advanced skills in the 2-day.
- Skills covered are bike set-up, balance, braking, gear selection, body position, cornering, switch backs,variance of the skills, and more.
- The clinic is progression based skill building. Meaning, that there are progressions for each skill. So that each level of rider can progress and challenge within their own ability.
Tackling Technical Terrain/ Rocks & Drops
In this 1-day comprehensive mountain bike clinic you will gain the skills and confidence to ride trails that may troubled you in the past. Understanding technical terrain demands quick responses. Learning how to weight and un-weight your bike will make you faster in uneven terrain. Emphasis on the progression in technique with more advanced maneuvers of the skills learned from Core Fundamentals. ex: cornering, braking, slow speed, balance, body position, wheel lifts, variance of the skills, switch backs, basic drops, vision, and more. In addition to the technical skills we will also spend time discussing scouting the line, vision and ways to stay committed to the bike and trail in challenging terrain.
•A flow riding component is often added onto this clinic.
Wheel Lifts & Cornering
Learn the skills needed to master cornering and wheel lifts.
1-day skills clinic focusing on the Fundamentals and purpose of cornering and wheel lifts. Plan on looking at reasons to lift the front or rear wheel, where to use it on trail and how it can make you faster, smoother and more confident. With that new speed and confidence you’ll need to be able to corner faster. So we will take a good look at what types of corners there are and how to set up, analyze and rail them. A great opportunity to expand the solid techniques you may already be using. This is a solid clinic with focus on the key aspect most people want to learn more about. Come out and Shred.
Jump, Berms, Bumps & Park Progressions
Park Based Clinic! In this solid jump clinic you will build the skills, progressions and confidence to approach jumps and drops and shred through berms that have intimated you in the past. We will be building the progressions to step up to terrain with jump and drop features. If this has been your biggest challenge on the bike or you are looking to get into more park riding join us.
MTB Team Clinic -Race Prep
Mountain Bike Team Clinic-Race Prep Sharpen your present skill set as a competitive athlete on the mountain bike. We will go through the technicalities of race course approach. Depending on what the team needs, specificity skill focus can be accomplished. ie: cornering, braking, slow speed, balance, body position, wheel lifts, variance of the skills, switch backs, basic drops, vision. The clinic will be geared towards the competitive athlete, event prep and emphasis on creating that FLOW state for optimal performance. Utilizing a selection of our Core Fundamental skills and more. 1- 2 day weekend available depending on needs. The advantages of doing a skills clinic as a team is that you would all be gaining the skills at the same time and you can progress together. Rely on each other for support and feedback after the clinic.
Women’s Only Mountain Bike Skills Clinics
Learn effective riding skills and techniques to better your riding experience with the support of a women’s only group. Increase your confidence on the bike and ride with other like-minded ladies. Same core skills learned in a co-ed camp except in a female participant environment. Leave this clinic feeling empowered and ready to shred!
Skills and Trails Clinic-Tour guide and clinic combo
A fusion of mtb skills clinic and tour guide service that will take your riding to the next level on scenic and challenging trails. Clinics will be held in the pristine Tahoe National Forest. Learn the skills of a pro from a pro and see the trails of the locals, from locals. Sign up now for one of our clinics to help master your skill set and improve your riding while exploring new terrain.
Destination MTB Clinics
(3 days-week long Mountain Bike Skills Clinics available on location)
Mountain bike skills camp and yoga retreat. Held throughout the year in a destination such as Maui, Downieville, Montana, Tahoe and beyond. We choose unique destination locations to continue to inspire riders. Core skills, advanced skills and free ride sessions. Yoga for athletes will be offered throughout the week. Contact A Singletrack Mind for more info or check calendar for specific camp dates.These are skills clinics similar to the weekend clinic but will be created for groups, corporate retreats, destination adventure. We also have a loyal following of people who just want to master their skills on the bike and ride different terrain. Inquire with us if you have a group, or are looking to join a travel / destination mountain bike tour group.
•Some of our destination MTB clinics are catered, shuttled and camp set up. Keep a look out on our website for all inclusive events.
Dedicated 2 hour private or semi private MTB clinics (2 hour minimum)
An opportunity to have a focused personalized skills training session. If you have a roadblock in your riding, it is here that we can hone in on mastering the skill set to conquer through it.
Skill focused specific clinics
7 hrs. Based off of the students needs and goals. This clinic is very specific to the particular goal they may want to focus on. Advancing the level of the student in a 1 day session. Suitable for anyone who prefers a more intimate learning environment. Such as pre-race skill focus, experts who want 1 on 1 time, high school coaching and more. This package is also available Mondays after most Weekend Clinics to review how the clinic specifically helped and get any additional dedicated coaching, email us with any questions.
Gravity-Downhill/ Park based
Satisfy your quest for gravity riding and master the skills to conquer the mountain. Core Fundamental skills learned in a gravity environment. ex: cornering, braking, slow speed, balance, body position, wheel lifts, variance of the skills, switch backs, basic drops, vision, and more. Great camp for someone who is enthusiastic and eager to advance their gravity riding. With more attention placed on the mental component with different obstacles to work through, both physical on the trail and mental in the learning process. *When at a resort lift ticket included in price or discount applied if you have a lift ticket .
Geared towards Enduro race preparation OR for the love of downhill riding! Often held at a resort setting with chair lift access or shuttle service. Includes and yet goes beyond the Core Fundamental skills set learned.(cornering, braking, line selection, wheel lifts, vision and more) Enduro is somewhere between grueling cross-country and rowdy downhill mountain bike racing. Although it is gravity fed, riders need to be prepared for riding the cross country transfer stages. In Enduro racing there is a number of timed downhill sections of trail, and a number of uphill transfer stages, which are not timed, but might have time limits to complete. This clinic will get you set up with the skills to confidentially ride in such an event and prepare you for the technicalities involved.
* If racing isn’t your thing, it is also a great clinic if you love downhill and want to refine your skill set to charge the trails and keep up the endurance!
*When at a resort lift ticket included in price or discount applied if you have a lift ticket.
A Singletrack Mind will provide video analysis of the skills and your riding technique This will be done through the use of GO Pro equipment and qualified filming to assess and refine your riding style and skills. If you have a video of your riding it can also be evaluated. Video will offer feedback that will assist in your learning.
If you would like to setup up custom Mountain Bike Skills Clinic, multi-day camp, or If you have a group and a specific location we would love to work with you. Fill out this form and we’ll be in contact with you in a timely manner.